Your restaurant is unique. Your delicious food, your quality service, your inviting atmosphere are what brings diners in and keeps them coming back. Sustainability is how you keep that going for the long haul.
- SAVE up to 30% or more on energy & water bills
- SPEND LESS on food & garbage disposal
- Have MORE LOYAL CUSTOMERS– in fact 78% say they prefer a green restaurant*
- Bring in customers who are WILLING TO SPEND MORE on food and packaging*
- Have BETTER STAFF MORALE & lower turnover
But who has the time to figure our how to go green while also saving money? You have enough on your plate just making your restaurant a success.
That’s where SRC comes in.
The Sustainable Restaurant Corps (SRC), is a non-profit that helps restaurants in the five boroughs of New York City sustain themselves and the environment. We work with restaurants to so they can:
- Reduce utility costs
- Waste less
- Find affordable sustainable food and disposable products
- Cut indoor air pollution with green chemicals while still meeting codes
Our survey of NYC restaurants will help us develop a rating system that acknowledges the strides restaurants are making towards sustainability and celebrates those who are going above and beyond.
Restaurants who fill out the long form survey are eligible to be “Listed” by SRC as participating in our program. They will also be first in line when the rating system comes out.
- Our sustainability rating will be FREE for restaurants to use
- We also offer coaching for restaurants on a fee-for-service basis
Coaches can be utilized to help verify sustainability requirements, training or to develop a long term plan for improvements in sustainability on the restaurant’s time table
So fill out the survey and help us help you get the recognition you deserve for your green accomplishments.
* American Express Restaurant Briefing 6/13