The Sustainable Restaurant Corps is a start-up non-profit that helps restaurants in New York City become more environmentally sustainable. Special events and projects are integral to getting our message out to potential members, the public, and restaurants. We are located on Wall St. in the studios of WBAI radio.
We are looking for volunteers to help us execute special events and work on special projects. Volunteers will work directly with the Executive Director, Advisory Board and our event planner. Work will take place at WBAI studios, on location, and from home. Successful volunteers may be recruited for paid positions within the organization.
- New Green City in Union Square
- Our holiday fundraiser
- Other tabling opportunities around the city
Duties may include:
- Making phone calls and pick ups of supplies for events
- Setting up events
- Being stationed at events and communicating with the public
- Social networking for events
- Entering contact information from events into our database
- Coming up with ideas and executing promotional and follow-up activities for events
Well organized and meticulous
Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Preference given to those with experience in the restaurant industry and a passion for sustainability
- Knowledge of databases, Word, Excel, and image editors a plus
- Should own a laptop and MetroCard
- Will work from WBAI studios with the Executive Director, on site with the event planner and independently from home
- Would prefer 20 hour per week commitment but hours are flexible and requirements may vary depending on the event schedule
Please email us with your resume, including all your experiences, and a brief paragraph with specifics about what you have to contribute and what you are hoping to gain from volunteering with us.